Galfan is zinc-aluminium coated steel. The Galfan coating consists of 95 % zinc and approximately 5 % aluminium.
The aluminium alloying provides a micro-structure due to which the corrosion resistance and formability of Galfan are better than that of conventional hot-dip zinc coating.
- Zinc coating mass (grams per square metre) – from ZA090 (90g/m2) up to ZA300 (300g/m2)
- Protective coating – Chromate protected, chromium free and oiled, or untreated
- Surface finish – Normal surface (A) or, Improved surface (B) or, Best surface (C)
- EN 10346: 2006 – Forming/Drawing quality in DX51D+ZF up to DX56D
- EN 10346: 2009 – Micro-alloyed steel in grades HX260LAD+ZA, HX300LAD+ZA, HX340LAD+ZA, HX380LAD+ZA, HX420LAD+ZA